(1) This subchapter applies to owners and operators of all petroleum underground storage tank (UST) systems except as otherwise provided in ARM 17.56.102 and in this rule.
(2) Owners and operators of petroleum UST systems are subject to these requirements established in accordance with ARM 17.56.802.
(3) State and federal government entities whose debts and liabilities are the debts and liabilities of a state or the United States are exempt from the requirements of this subchapter.
(4) The requirements of this subchapter do not apply to owners and operators of any UST system exempted from this subchapter by ARM 17.56.102(2), (3), (4), (5), or (6).
(5) If the owner and operator of a petroleum underground storage tank are separate persons, only one person is required to demonstrate financial responsibility; however, both parties are liable in event of noncompliance.