For the purpose of this subchapter, the
following definitions apply:
(1) "Advisory council" means the technical oversight council
composed of no more than 11 members who must have expertise in one or more of
the subjects of tourism, visual assessment, tribal cultures and history,
Montana history, resource protection, economic development, transportation, or
(2) "Commission" means the transportation commission provided for
in 2-15-2502, MCA.
(3) "Department" means the department of transportation provided
for in Title 2, chapter 15, part 25, MCA.
(4) "Local government" means a county, a consolidated government,
an incorporated city or town, a school district, or a special district.
(5) "Scenic-historic byway" means a public road or segment of a
public road that has been designated as a scenic-historic byway by the
commission, as provided in 60-2-601, MCA.
(6) "Tribal government" means a federally recognized government of
any Indian tribe, nation, or other organized group, which owns land and has a
reservation in Montana.