For purposes of this subchapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Applicant" means an individual who has followed the agency's standard procedures for submitting the required application materials such as, for example, a resume, cover letter, application form, or other documentation.
(2) "Competencies" means a set of measurable and observable knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors that contribute to success in a job.
(3) "External recruitment" means the open, competitive solicitation of applications from any interested persons which includes the general public and current state employees.
(4) "Internal recruitment" means the open, competitive solicitation of applications that, at the agency's discretion, is limited to:
(a) current employees of the agency, the division, or other appropriate internal unit; or
(b) employees laid off from the agency or participating in the job registry.
(5) "Job analysis" means the process of gathering, analyzing, creating, and documenting information about a position to identify the essential duties, functions, roles, and competencies required to perform the work.
(6) "Job-related" means criteria shown by a job analysis to be directly related to specific duties or to a necessary job qualification or competency.
(7) "Qualifications" means the minimum requirements needed to perform the job on the first day of employment, including the education, experience, and competencies associated with successful job performance.
(8) "Vacancy announcement" means a recruitment posting, including the job duties, qualifications, and application instructions. Vacancy announcements are also called job listings and requisitions.