(1) Manufacturers may apply for certification of an informal dispute settlement procedure or any amendment to a certified procedure.
(2) The application shall be made to the department and be accompanied by a fee of $500, which shall be used to cover the cost of review and investigation.
(3) Expenditures of the fee shall be accounted for by the department and the balance not expended shall be refunded to the manufacturer within a reasonable time following final order by the department.
(4) The department shall have 90 days to complete the review and grant or deny the certification of any procedure submitted.
(5) Certification shall be issued after investigation and review if the procedure is in compliance with the applicable statutes and administrative rules.
(6) A certified procedure shall remain certified unless the certification is revoked.