(1) The board shall issue a limited access permit (LAP) to a Montana licensed dental hygienist who:
(a) possesses an active, unrestricted Montana dental hygiene license;
(b) certifies that the dental hygienist has actively practiced either:
(i) 2400 clinical hours over the last three years; or
(ii) a career total of 3000 hours, with a minimum of 350 hours in each of the last two years;
(c) provides the name of the applicant's current liability insurance carrier, policy number, and expiration date;
(d) acknowledges on the application that the applicant understands which public health facilities are eligible to provide services under a limited access permit pursuant to 37-4-405, MCA;
(e) provides certificates of attendance of completion of 12 additional continuing education credits for the three-year reporting period immediately preceding LAP application pursuant to ARM 24.138.2105; and
(f) submits a completed application and pays all appropriate fees.
(2) Application material remains valid for six months from receipt in the board office. If the application is not completed within six months a new application and fees must be submitted.
(3) A LAP dental hygienist shall maintain 48 hours of continuing education credits for each three-year cycle following initial issuance of a LAP. The 48 hours includes the 36 hours required for a dental hygiene license and an additional 12 hours required for the LAP. If the LAP dental hygienist qualifies for limited prescriptive authority pursuant to 37-4-405, MCA, and ARM 24.138.419, the dental hygienist shall maintain an additional three continuing education credits for each three-year cycle.
(4) LAPs must be renewed annually.
(5) Pursuant to 37-4-405, MCA, the board identifies the following additional public health facilities and programs at which services under a LAP may be provided:
(a) Dodson School;
(b) Great Falls Rescue Mission;
(c) Harlem Elementary School;
(d) Harlem Junior/Senior High School; and
(e) Paris Gibson Education Center.