(1) The nationally accepted measurement of continuing education, the continuing education unit (CEU), will be the measurement employed by the board. Ten hours of approved continuing education credit equal one CEU.
(2) The board will require:
(a) 1.5 CEU for each fiscal year if a pharmacist takes at least 0.5 CEU in an approved group program; or
(b) 2.0 CEU for each fiscal year if a pharmacist does not take at least 0.5 CEU in an approved group program.
(3) The annual CEU requirement will not pertain to a pharmacist applying as a new graduate for his or her first license renewal.
(4) Only an additional 1.5 CEU may be accumulated and applied to the following year.
(5) All licensees shall affirm an understanding of their recurring duty to comply with CE requirements as a part of annual license renewal.
(6) The board may randomly audit up to 50 percent of renewed licensees' CE hours.
(7) Licensees found to be in noncompliance with CE requirements may be subject to administrative suspension.