Prev Next

24.204.601    QUALIFICATIONS

(1) A radiologist assistant (RA) may also be referred to as a radiology practitioner assistant (RPA) pursuant to 37-14-313 , MCA, including current licensees or students currently enrolled in the 2005 school year.

(2) To practice as a RA/RPA, an applicant shall:

(a) be a graduate of a RA educational program that:

(i) culminates in the award of a baccalaureate degree, postbaccalaureate certificate, or master's degree from an institution accredited by a mechanism recognized by either:


(B) American college of radiology; or

(C) American society of radiologic technologists; and

(ii) incorporates a radiologist-directed clinical preceptorship; and

(iii) meets the eligibility requirements for certification by the ARRT.

(A) The board will accept certification from the ARRT or the certification board for radiologist practitioner assistant (CBRPA) for eligibility to sit for the CBRPA certification or ARRT examination;

(b) maintain an active ARRT registration status in radiography;

(c) submit a copy of current certification in advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) skills;

(d) furnish validation of participation in continuing education activities with a minimum of 24 hours of continuing education credits annually;

(e) hold a current Montana radiologic technologist (RT) license; and

(f) submit to the board a letter from the supervising radiologist certifying completion of a clinical preceptorship.

History: 37-1-131, 37-14-202, 37-14-313, MCA; IMP, 37-14-313, MCA; NEW, 2005 MAR p. 2465, Eff. 12/9/05.

Home  |   Search  |   About Us  |   Contact Us  |   Help  |   Disclaimer  |   Privacy & Security