As used in this subchapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Day" means a calendar day.
(2) "Department" means the Department of Labor and Industry.
(3) "Expiration of registration" means the registration was not timely renewed and is no longer active due to the passage of time.
(4) "Home inspection business" means a sole proprietorship, a partnership, a limited liability company, a corporation, or any other business entity, which is required by law to register with the department before being able to lawfully perform home inspection for others.
(5) "Home inspection work" means the same as "home inspection" as provided by 39-9-102, MCA.
(6) "Home inspection worker" means an individual who has demonstrated to the department that the individual is qualified to perform home inspection work.
(7) "ICEC" means the independent contractor exemption certificate issued by the department pursuant to 39-71-417, MCA.
(8) "Initial application" means the first time a home inspection business applies to the department for registration as a home inspector.
(9) "Registration" means the status held by a home inspection business after the home inspection business has successfully registered with the department.
(10) "Reinstatement of registration" means reactivation of a non-expired registration, following suspension of the registration by the department.
(11) "Renewal application" means an application by a registered home inspector to be registered for an additional two-year period after the home inspector has been properly registered via an initial application.
(12) "Roster" means the list of home inspection workers who have been identified by the home inspection business as employees. The roster may include an individual who is separately registered in their individual capacity as a home inspection business as provided by ARM 24.33.421, but who is authorized to work under the registration name and number of the registrant.
(13) "Suspension of registration" means the registration is no longer active as the result of an action taken by the department in response to conduct of the registrant.