(1) A forensic mental health facility (FMHF) must have an area for social activities at a minimum of 25 square feet per client.
(2) An FMHF must have a quiet area for clients to utilize according to facility policy.
(3) An FMHF must have a dining space at a minimum of 35 square feet per client. The dining space may be located off a secured unit in a central area.
(4) An FMHF must have a minimum of two classrooms with work tables or desks for client use.
(5) If an FMHF has a vocational training area, it must be equipped with appropriate tools and code-compliant equipment for client use.
(6) An FMHF must have a gymnasium and a separate client exercise room which includes appropriate exercise equipment in sufficient quantity for client use.
(7) An FMHF must have a secured outside recreational exercise area with both an enclosed individual client area and a large fenced group area.
(8) An FMHF must have examination or treatment rooms for private consultation. These rooms must have at a minimum the following:
(a) 100 square foot floor area;
(b) a hand-washing station;
(c) storage facilities; and
(d) a desk, counter, or shelf space for writing or electronic documentation.