(1) The local health officer or sanitarian or sanitarian-in-training employed by or contracted with the local board of health must perform an inspection of each licensed commissary or machine located within the board's jurisdiction at least twice every 12 months, unless that schedule is modified by signed agreement with the department.
(2) The local health officer, local health department sanitarian or sanitarian-in-training, or an authorized representative of the department, after proper identification, must be permitted to examine any commissary or machine location at any reasonable time for the purpose of making inspections to determine compliance with this subchapter and must be permitted to examine the records relating to the commissary or machine to obtain information pertaining to food and supplies purchased, received, or used, or to persons employed.
(3) Whenever an inspection of a commissary or machine location is made, the findings must be recorded on an inspection form approved by the department.
(4) The inspection form shall specify a reasonable period of time for the correction of the violations found, and correction of the violations must be accomplished within the period specified.
(5) The inspection form shall state that failure to comply with any time limits for corrections may result in an order to cease operations.