(1) Plans and specifications must be submitted to the local regulatory authority for review and approval before any new license is issued.
(2) Local regulatory authority approval is required before any construction, remodeling, or conversion for a new or existing establishment begins.
(3) The local regulatory authority must review the plans and specifications and respond to the applicant within 30 days with a written approval, disapproval, or request for additional information.
(4) If the establishment was previously licensed by the department and no structural modification will be involved, the local regulatory authority may waive the requirement for the submission of plans and specifications.
(5) If the local regulatory authority is unable to perform the review, plans and specifications must be submitted to the department for review and approval.
(6) Plans and specifications must include the following:
(a) location and detail of storage rooms used for bedding and furnishings;
(b) location and detail of janitorial facilities;
(c) location and detail of laundry facilities, including a description of equipment and floor and wall finish material;
(d) a flow chart indicating the route of laundry through sorting, washing, drying, ironing, folding, and storage;
(e) location and description of all food preparation, storage, and service areas, unless already required to license as a retail food service establishment under 50-50-102, MCA;
(f) description of dishes, cookware, utensils, and cooking equipment available in guest rooms, including details of cleaning and storage;
(g) location and detail of ice production, storage, and dispensing equipment;
(h) location of swimming pools, spas, and other recreational water features;
(i) name of sanitary landfill licensed by the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) which will receive solid waste from the establishment;
(j) documentation of approval from DEQ and any applicable local regulatory authority permit and inspection report, if the establishment will be served by a public wastewater treatment system;
(k) documentation of approval from the local regulatory authority, if the establishment will be served by a nonpublic wastewater treatment system;
(l) documentation of approval from DEQ, if the establishment will be served by a public water supply;
(m) demonstration of compliance with this subchapter, if the establishment will be served by a nonpublic water supply; and
(n) any other pertinent information requested by the department or local regulatory authority.
(7) Construction must be in accordance with the plans and specifications as approved. Any changes from the approved plans must be reviewed and approved, in writing, by the department or local regulatory authority.
(8) Approval is valid for two years. If construction, remodeling, or conversion is not completed within two years, the department or local regulatory authority may require plans and specifications to be resubmitted for review.