(1) Programs approved under ARM 37.27.105 and 37.27.107 providing treatment (including early intervention) must have a policy that:
(a) clearly defines child abuse and neglect as defined in 41-3-102, MCA;
(b) clearly defines abuse, neglect, and exploitation of an older person or a person with a developmental disability as defined in 52-3-803 MCA;
(c) outlines the provider's responsibility to report all known or suspected incidents of abuse, neglect, or exploitation of any client within 24 hours; and
(d) addresses handling of suspected or validated incidents of abuse, neglect, or exploitation.
(2) Any provider who knows or has reasonable cause to suspect an incident of child abuse or neglect has occurred must make a report within 24 hours of the incident to the state child abuse hotline (866) 820-5437 as required in 41-3-201, MCA.
(3) Any provider who knows or has reasonable cause to suspect an incident of abuse, neglect, or exploitation of a vulnerable adult has occurred must make a report within 24 hours of the incident to Adult Protective Services or other bodies as required in 52-3-811, MCA.
(4) In addition to reporting requirements in (2) and (3), the provider must also make a report to the department in writing within 24 hours of any allegations of client abuse, neglect, or exploitation within the program.
(5) The program must document, in writing, that the proper authorities have been contacted and the abuse, neglect, or exploitation has been reported.
(6) The provider must fully cooperate with any investigation conducted because of the report.