(1) The department may obtain information about an applicant's or a consumer's financial resources and requirements from the person or any other reliable source.
(2) An applicant's or a consumer's consent is necessary for the department to obtain any personal financial information not otherwise available to the department under law.
(a) If an applicant or a consumer is an unemancipated minor, the consent of the person's parents or guardian is necessary for the department to obtain any personal financial information concerning the person or person's parents not otherwise available to the department under law.
(3) An applicant or a consumer who fails to provide necessary financial information to the department either directly or by consent to release cannot be determined by the department to be eligible for vocational rehabilitation services.
(4) In accordance with departmental policies, any financial or other information obtained with an applicant's or a consumer's consent or the consent of the person's parents is confidential.
(5) Any financial information relied upon by the department in determining an applicant's or a consumer's financial resources or financial requirements is available to the person upon the person's request.
(6) A consumer must report to the department any changes in income or resources. Failure to report changes in income or resources results in termination of the consumer's eligibility for the vocational rehabilitation services.