(1) Only public school districts, full-service education cooperatives (established under 20-3-351 , MCA) and joint boards are eligible for enrollment and participation in the school based Montana Medicaid program.
(2) To qualify, the district, cooperative or joint board must receive special education funding from the state's general fund for the purpose of providing public education.
(3) School districts include only elementary, high school, and K-12 districts organized to provide public educational services under the jurisdiction of a board of trustees as provided in Title 20, MCA.
(4) Full-service education cooperatives and joint boards include only those cooperatives and joint boards eligible to receive direct state aid payments from the superintendent of public instruction for the purpose of providing special education services consistent with the provisions of Title 20, MCA.
(5) Cooperatives, joint boards and nonpublic schools that do not receive state general funds for special education do not meet the criteria for Medicaid enrollment and cannot participate in the Medicaid program as a school-based provider.