(1) An applicant must be a resident of the State of Montana.
(2) All applications must be completed on forms provided by the department.
(3) A complete application must include the required fee, statements, and forms required in the application packet to be accepted and processed by the department. Any documents submitted electronically must be uploaded in a format that the department is able to access and view.
(4) The registry identification card expires one year from the date of issuance unless the physician statement provides a written certification for a shorter period of time.
(5) A physician statement must be dated within 60 days of the application date. The department shall deny an application submitted with a physician statement dated more than 60 days from the application date.
(6) Any denial under this part is subject to a contested case hearing before the department's Office of Dispute Resolution, as provided for under ARM 42.2.621.
(7) A registered cardholder who submits a renewal application less than 30 days prior to the registry identification card's expiration date assumes the risk and possibility of the card expiring until the department processes and approves the renewal application.
(8) A custodial parent or legal guardian may submit an application for a minor under 16-12-508, MCA.