BEFORE THE Department of AGRICULTURE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 4.12.1308 pertaining to Plant Health Quarantines
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On February 18, 2021, at 1:00 p.m., the Department of Agriculture will hold a public hearing in Room 225 of the Scott Hart Building, at Helena, Montana, as well as virtually through the meeting platform Zoom to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule. For the virtual meeting details, please contact Virginia Corbett by email at email@example.com or by phone at (406) 444-3156.
2. The Department of Agriculture will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Agriculture no later than 5:00 p.m. on February 11, 2021, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Cort Jensen, Department of Agriculture, P.O. Box 200201, Helena, Montana, 59620-0201; telephone (406) 444-3156; fax (406) 444-5409; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
4.12.1308 PLANT HEALTH QUARANTINES (1) through (3)(d) remain the same.
(e) Emerald Ash Borer (Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire). See Order MTQ-2021-001. Exterior Quarantine.
AUTH: 80-7-402, MCA
IMP: 80-7-402, 80-7-404, MCA
REASON: This proposal acts to adopt the earlier emergency rule as permanent.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to: Cort Jensen, Department of Agriculture, 302 N. Roberts, Helena, Montana, 59601; telephone (406) 444-5402; fax (406) 444-5409; or e-mail email@example.com, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., February 26, 2021.
5. Cort Jensen, Department of Agriculture, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
6. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the contact person in 2 above or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
7. An electronic copy of this proposal notice is available through the Secretary of State's web site at http://sosmt.gov/ARM/Register.
8. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
9. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the department has determined that the amendment of the above-referenced rules will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ Cort Jensen /s/ Mike Foster
Cort Jensen Mike Foster
Rule Reviewer Director
Certified to the Secretary of State January 14, 2021.