BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the adoption of New Rule I pertaining to the administration of the Quality Schools Grant Program
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED ADOPTION
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On the following dates and times, the Department of Commerce will hold public hearings in the following locations to consider the proposed adoption of the above-stated rule:
(a) December 15, 2009, at 8:30 a.m., in Room 228 of the Park Avenue Building at 301 South Park Avenue, Helena, Montana;
(b) December 15, 2009, at 2:30 p.m., in the conference room of the Missoula Area Economic Development Corporation at 1121 East Broadway, Missoula, Montana;
(c) December 16, 2009, at 1:00 p.m., in the Havre Public School District Administration Building, 425 6th Street, Havre, Montana;
(d) December 17, 2009, at 9:00 a.m., in the Poplar Schools Central Office Board Room, 400 4th Avenue West, Poplar, Montana; and
(e) December 18, 2009, at 8:30 a.m., in the Billings Public Schools Board Room, 415 North 30th, Billings, Montana.
2. The Department of Commerce will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact Department of Commerce no later than 5:00 p.m., November 30, 2009, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Penney Clark, Department of Commerce, Quality Schools Grant Program, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200549, Helena, Montana 59620-0549; telephone (406) 841-2800; TDD 841-2702; fax (406) 841-2878; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The rule as proposed to be adopted provides as follows:
NEW RULE I INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE QUALITY SCHOOLS GRANT PROGRAM (1) The Department of Commerce adopts and incorporates by reference the Quality Schools Grant Program Application Guidelines and Administration Manual as rules for the Quality Schools Grant Program - Projects [DRAFT-November 2009].
(2) The rules incorporated by reference in (1) relate to the scope and procedures for the application, award, administration, monitoring, and close-out of school facility and technology project grants to public school districts.
(3) Copies of the regulations adopted by reference in (1) may be obtained from the Department of Commerce, Quality Schools Grant Program, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200549, Helena, Montana 59620-0549, or on the Quality Schools Grant Program web site at http://commerce.mt.gov/QualitySchools.
AUTH: 90-6-819, MCA
IMP: 90-6-819, MCA
REASON: It is reasonably necessary to adopt these new rules to initiate the department's administration of the school facility and technology grant components of the newly established Quality Schools Grant Program, 90-6-801, et seq., MCA. Public school districts must have these guidelines available before the entities may apply to the department for project financial assistance under the Quality Schools program. The guidelines describe the department requirements with which public school districts must comply in order to apply for, receive, and administer Quality School project grant funds.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at any one of the hearings. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to the Department of Commerce, Quality Schools Grant Program, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200549, Helena, Montana 59620-0549; telephone (406) 841-2800; TDD 841-2702; fax (406) 841-2878; or e-mail email@example.com, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., December 28, 2009.
5. Kelly Casillas, Deputy Chief Legal Counsel, Department of Commerce, has been designated to preside over and conduct these hearings.
6. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200501, Helena, Montana 59620-0501, by fax to (406) 841-2701, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
7. An electronic copy of this Proposal Notice is available through the Secretary of State's web site at http://sos.mt.gov/ARM/Register. The Secretary of State strives to make the electronic copy of the Notice conform to the official version of the Notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the Notice and the electronic version of the Notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the Secretary of State works to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
8. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, apply and have been fulfilled. The primary bill sponsor was contacted by e-mail and telephone on November 12, 2009, and a copy of the proposed rule was sent to the primary bill sponsor's address on November 12, 2009.
/s/ KELLY A. CASILLAS /s/ ANTHONY J. PREITE
KELLY A. CASILLAS ANTHONY J. PREITE
Rule Reviewer Director
Department of Commerce
Certified to the Secretary of State November 16, 2009.