BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 8.2.503 pertaining to the administration of the Quality Schools Grant Program – Project Grants
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On January 11, 2012, at 11:00 a.m., the Department of Commerce will hold a public hearing in Room 228 of the Park Avenue Building at 301 South Park Avenue, Helena, Montana to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Commerce will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact Department of Commerce no later than 5:00 p.m., January 5, 2012, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Penney Clark, Department of Commerce, Quality Schools Grant Program, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2800; TDD 841-2702; fax (406) 841-2771; or e-mail email@example.com.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
8.2.503 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE QUALITY SCHOOLS GRANT PROGRAM – PROJECT GRANTS (1) The Department of Commerce adopts and incorporates by reference the Quality Schools Grant Program Application Guidelines and Administration Manual as rules for the Quality Schools Grant Program - Projects (
January 2010 December 2011 Draft).
(2) and (3) remain the same.
AUTH: 90-6-819, MCA
IMP: 90-6-819, MCA
REASON: It is reasonably necessary to amend this rule for the department's administration of the school facility and technology grant components of the Quality Schools Grant Program, 90-6-801, et seq., MCA. Public school districts must have these guidelines available before the entities may apply to the department for project financial assistance under the Quality Schools program. The guidelines describe the department requirements with which public school districts must comply in order to apply for, receive, and administer Quality School project grant funds.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to the Department of Commerce, Quality Schools Grant Program, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2800; TDD 841-2702; fax (406) 841-2771; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., January 19, 2012.
5. Jennifer Olson, Community Grants Bureau Chief, Department of Commerce, has been designated to preside over and conduct these hearings.
6. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200501, Helena, Montana 59620-0501, by fax to (406) 841-2701, by e-mail to email@example.com, or by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
7. An electronic copy of this Proposal Notice is available through the Secretary of State's web site at http://sos.mt.gov/ARM/Register. The Secretary of State strives to make the electronic copy of the notice conform to the official version of the notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the notice and the electronic version of the notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the Secretary of State works to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
8. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
/s/ KELLY A. CASILLAS /s/ DORE SCHWINDEN
KELLY A. CASILLAS DORE SCHWINDEN
Rule Reviewer Director
Department of Commerce
Certified to the Secretary of State December 12, 2011.