BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 42.26.310 relating to water's-edge election
NOTICE OF PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On September 7, 2012, the department proposes to amend the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Revenue will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in the rulemaking process and need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Revenue no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 20, 2012, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Cleo Anderson, Department of Revenue, Director's Office, P.O. Box 7701, Helena, Montana 59604-7701; telephone (406) 444-5825; fax (406) 444-4375; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The rule proposed to be amended provides as follows, stricken matter interlined, new matter underlined:
42.26.310 DISREGARDING OR MODIFYING A WATER'S-EDGE ELECTION (1) through (4) remain the same.
(5) Limitations of net operating loss deductions of a water's-edge group are addressed in
ARM 42.26.805 ARM 42.23.805.
AUTH: 15-31-501, MCA
IMP: 15-31-301, 15-31-322, 15-31-326, 15-31-505, MCA
REASONABLE NECESSITY: The department proposes to amend ARM 42.26.310, to correct an internal rule reference number that was incorrectly typed when the rule was previously amended on September 23, 2011.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments in writing. Written data, views, or arguments may be submitted to: Cleo Anderson, Department of Revenue, Director's Office, P.O. Box 7701, Helena, Montana 59604-7701; telephone (406) 444-5828; fax (406) 444-4375; or e-mail email@example.com and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., August 23, 2012.
5. If persons who are directly affected by the proposed action wish to express their data, views, and arguments orally or in writing they must make written request for a hearing and submit this request along with any written comments they have to Cleo Anderson at the above address no later than 5:00 p.m., August 23, 2012.
6. If the agency receives requests for a public hearing on the proposed action from either 10 percent or 25, whichever is less, of the persons who are directly affected by the proposed action; from the appropriate administrative rule review committee; from a governmental subdivision or agency; or from an association having no less than 25 members who will be directly affected, a hearing will be held at a later date. Notice of the hearing will be published in the Montana Administrative Register. Ten percent of those persons directly affected has been determined to be 22, based on approximately 220 multistate corporation taxpayers, as of July 13, 2012.
7. The Department of Revenue maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request, which includes the name and e-mail or mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies that the person wishes to receive notice regarding particular subject matter or matters. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the person in 4 above, or faxed to the office at (406) 444-4375, or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the Department of Revenue.
8. An electronic copy of this notice is available on the department's web site at www.revenue.mt.gov. Select the "Legal Resources" link in the left hand column, and click on the "Rules" link within to view the options under the "Current Rulemaking Actions – Published Notices" heading. The department strives to make the electronic copy of this notice conform to the official version of the notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the notice and the electronic version of the notice, only the official printed text will be considered. While the department also strives to keep its web site accessible at all times, in some instances it may be temporarily unavailable due to system maintenance or technical problems.
9. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
/s/ Cleo Anderson /s/ Dan R. Bucks
CLEO ANDERSON DAN R. BUCKS
Rule Reviewer Director of Revenue
Certified to Secretary of State July 16, 2012