BEFORE THE Department of FISH, WILDLIFE AND PARKS
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the adoption of a temporary emergency rule pertaining to the Shed's Bridge Fishing Access Site in Gallatin County
NOTICE OF ADOPTION OF TEMPORARY EMERGENCY RULE
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. The Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks (department) is adopting the following emergency rule due to danger located within the Shed's Bridge Fishing Access Site (FAS). Spring runoff within the Gallatin River has caused the west bank of the FAS to actively slough off into the river. This process has left a hazardous twelve-foot drop-off and the ground near the drop-off is unstable. People anywhere near the area may be caught in the slough and buried by the soil or swept down the river unexpectedly.
2. The department will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in the rulemaking process and need an alternative accessible format of the notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the department no later than 5:00 p.m. on May 23, 2014, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Jessica Snyder, Fish, Wildlife and Parks, 1420 East Sixth Avenue, P.O. Box 200701, Helena, MT 59620-0701; telephone (406) 444-9785; fax (406) 444-7456; or e-mail email@example.com.
3. The temporary emergency rule is effective April 25, 2014, when this rule notice is filed with the Secretary of State.
4. The text of the temporary emergency rule provides as follows:
NEW RULE I SHED'S BRIDGE FISHING ACCESS SITE TEMPORARY EMERGENCY CLOSURE (1) Shed's Bridge Fishing Access Site is located in Gallatin County.
(2) Shed's Bridge Fishing Access Site is closed to all public occupation.
AUTH: 2-4-303, 23-1-106, 87-1-301, MCA
IMP: 2-4-303, 23-1-106, 87-1-301, MCA
5. The rationale for the temporary emergency rule is as set forth in paragraph 1.
6. Concerned persons are encouraged to submit their comments to the department. They should submit their comments along with their names and addresses to Jessica Snyder, Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks, P.O. Box 200701, Helena, MT 59720; fax (406) 444-7456; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Any comments must be received no later than June 13, 2014.
7. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notice of rulemaking actions proposed by the department or commission. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make written request that includes the name and mailing address of the person to receive the notice and specifies the subject or subjects about which the person wishes to receive notice. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to Fish, Wildlife and Parks, Legal Unit, P.O. Box 200701, 1420 East Sixth Avenue, Helena, MT 59620-0701, faxed to the office at (406) 444-7456, or may be made by completing the request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
8. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
9. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the department has determined that the adoption of the above-referenced temporary emergency closure rule will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ Mike Volesky
Chief of Staff
Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks
/s/ Aimee Fausser
Certified to the Secretary of State April 25, 2014.