BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 8.2.503 pertaining to the administration of the Quality Schools Grant Program
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On December 15, 2015, at 1:00 p.m., the Department of Commerce will hold a public hearing in Room 228 of the Park Avenue Building at 301 South Park Avenue, Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Commerce will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Commerce no later than 5:00 p.m., December 10, 2015, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Amy Peck, Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2770; TDD 841-2702; fax (406) 841-2771; or e-mail DOCQS@mt.gov.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
8.2.503 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE QUALITY SCHOOLS GRANT PROGRAM – PROJECT GRANTS (1) The Department of Commerce adopts and incorporates by reference the
2017 2019 Biennium Quality Schools Grant Program Application Guidelines and Administration Manual as rules for the Quality Schools Grant Program – Project Grants program (March 2014 Draft).
(2) The rules incorporated by reference in (1) relate to the scope and procedures for the application, award, administration, monitoring, and close-out of school facility and technology project grants to public school districts.
(3) Copies of the regulations adopted by reference in (1) may be obtained from the Department of Commerce, Quality Schools Grant Program, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523, or on the Quality Schools Grant Program web site at http://commerce.mt.gov/QualitySchools.
AUTH: 90-6-819, MCA
IMP: 90-6-819, MCA
REASON: It is reasonably necessary to amend these rules to initiate the department's administration of the project grant components of the Quality Schools Grant Program, 90-6-801, et seq., MCA. Public school districts must have these guidelines available before the entities may apply to the department for financial assistance under the 2019 Biennium Quality Schools program. The guidelines describe the department requirements with which public school districts must comply in order to apply for, receive, and administer Quality School project grant funds.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to the Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2770; TDD 841-2702; fax (406) 841-2771; or e-mail DOCQS@mt.gov, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., December 23, 2015.
5. Ethan Stapp, Quality Schools Program Manager, Department of Commerce, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
6. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the contact listed in 4 above or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
7. An electronic copy of this proposal notice is available through the Secretary of State's web site at http://sos.mt.gov/ARM/Register. The Secretary of State strives to make the electronic copy of the notice conform to the official version of the notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the notice and the electronic version of the notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the Secretary of State works to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
8. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
9. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the department has determined that the amendment of the above-referenced rule will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ KELLY A. LYNCH /s/ DOUGLAS MITCHELL
KELLY A. LYNCH DOUGLAS MITCHELL
Rule Reviewer Deputy Director
Department of Commerce
Certified to the Secretary of State November 16, 2015.