BEFORE THE FISH, WILDLIFE AND PARKS COMMISSION
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the repeal of ARM 12.6.401
pertaining to time zones
NOTICE OF PROPOSED REPEAL
NO PUBLIC HEARING CONTEMPLATED
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On September 27, 2007, the Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks Commission (commission) proposes to repeal the above-stated rule.
2. The commission will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the department no later than 5:00 p.m., September 4, 2007, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Jessica Snyder, Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks, 1420 East Sixth Avenue, P.O. Box 200701, Helena, Montana 59620-0701; telephone (406) 444-4594; fax (406) 444-7456; or e-mail email@example.com.
3. The commission proposes to repeal the following rule:
12.6.401 TIME ZONES found at page 12-309 of the Administrative Rules of Montana.
4. The commission is proposing to repeal ARM 12.6.401 to be consistent with the annual hunting regulations that contain the sunrise and sunset tables that are currently used for each hunting season. The commission no longer uses the tables in ARM 12.6.401.
5. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments concerning the proposed action in writing to Jessica Snyder, Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks, 1420 East Sixth Avenue, P.O. Box 200701, Helena, Montana 59620-0701; telephone (406) 444-4594; fax (406) 444-7456; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be received no later than September 20, 2007.
6. If persons who are directly affected by the proposed action wish to express their data, views, and arguments orally or in writing at a public hearing, they must make written request for a hearing and submit this request along with any written comments to Jessica Snyder, P.O. Box 200701, Helena, Montana 59620-0701, or e-mail them to email@example.com. A written request for a hearing must be received no later than September 20, 2007.
7. If the commission receives requests for a public hearing on the proposed action from either 10% or 25, whichever is less, of the persons who are directly affected by the proposed action; from the appropriate administrative rule review committee of the Legislature; from a governmental subdivision or agency; or from an association having not less than 25 members who will be directly affected, a hearing will be held at a later date. Notice of the hearing will be published in the Montana Administrative Register. Ten percent of those persons directly affected has been determined to be zero based on the fact that the annual publication of the hunting regulations contain the sunrise and sunset information that is used for determining hunting hours. The tables in ARM 12.6.401 are not used and therefore have no effect.
8. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notice of rulemaking actions proposed by the department or commission. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make written request that includes the name and mailing address of the person to receive the notice and specifies the subject or subjects about which the person wishes to receive notice. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to Fish, Wildlife and Parks, Legal Unit, P.O. Box 200701, 1420 East Sixth Avenue, Helena, Montana 59620-0701, faxed to the office at (406) 444-7456, or may by made be completing the request form at any rules hearing held by the department or commission.
9. The bill sponsor notice requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
/s/ Steve Doherty
Steve Doherty, Chairman
Fish, Wildlife and Parks
/s/ Robert N. Lane
Robert N. Lane
Certified to the Secretary of State August 13, 2007