BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the adoption of New Rule I pertaining to the administration of the Delivering Local Assistance (DLA) Program
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED ADOPTION
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On June 13, 2019, at 1:30 p.m., the Department of Commerce will hold a public hearing in Room 228 of the Park Avenue Building at 301 South Park Avenue, in Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed adoption of the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Commerce will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Commerce no later than 5:00 p.m., June 11, 2019, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Bonnie Martello, Department of Commerce, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200501, Helena, Montana 59620-0523; telephone (406) 841-2596; TDD 841-2702; fax (406) 841-2771; or e-mail email@example.com.
3. The rule as proposed to be adopted provides as follows:
NEW RULE I INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF RULES FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE DELIVERING LOCAL ASSISTANCE (DLA) PROGRAM
(1) The Department of Commerce adopts and incorporates by reference the Program Application and Guidelines for Delivering Local Assistance (DLA) Program.
(2) The rules incorporated by reference in (1) relate to the scope and procedures for the award, administration, and close-out of project grants to cities, towns, counties, consolidated governments, tribal governments, county or multicounty water, wastewater or solid waste districts, school districts, or an authority as defined in 75-6-304, MCA.
(3) Copies of the regulations adopted by reference in (1) may be obtained from the Department of Commerce, Community Development Division, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200523, Helena, Montana 59620-0523, or on the web site at https://comdev.mt.gov/.
AUTH: HB 652 of the 2019 Legislative session
IMP: HB 652 of the 2019 Legislative session
REASON: The proposed rule is necessary to implement and administer the Delivering Local Assistance (DLA) program as required by HB 652 of the 2019 Legislative session.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to the Department of Commerce, Legal Department, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200501, Helena, Montana 59620-0501; telephone (406) 841-2596; TDD 841-2702; fax (406) 841-2771; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., June 21, 2019.
5. Bonnie Martello, Paralegal, Department of Commerce, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
6. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the contact listed in 4 above or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
7. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, apply and have been fulfilled. The primary bill sponsor, Representative Mike Hopkins, was contacted on May 13, 2019, by e-mail at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the department has determined that the adoption of the above-referenced rule will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ Garrett R. Norcott /s/ Tara Rice
Garrett R. Norcott Tara Rice
Rule Reviewer Director
Department of Commerce
Certified to the Secretary of State May 14, 2019.