(1) Sufficient storage space must be provided for extra bedding and furnishings.
(2) Adequate and convenient janitorial facilities must be provided, including a janitor sink and storage area for equipment and chemicals. A tourist home is not required to have a janitor sink.
(3) All rooms, hallways, stairways, and public access areas must be provided with at least ten foot-candles of light.
(4) Floors and walls in toilet and bathing rooms, laundries, janitorial closets, and similar rooms subject to large amounts of moisture must be smooth, durable, nonabsorbent, and easily cleanable.
(5) Floor and wall-mounted furnishings must be easily moved to allow for cleaning or mounted in such a manner as to allow for cleaning around and under such furnishings.
(6) Bathing facilities must be provided with anti-slip surfaces or mats.
(7) Handwashing sinks and bathing facilities must be provided with water at a temperature of at least 100°F (38°C) and not more than 120°F (49°C).
(8) Establishment property must be maintained to minimize the presence of insects, rodents, and other vermin which may affect public health.
(9) The local health authority may require licensed pesticide services for persistent pest infestations.
(10) Adequate ventilation must be provided to prevent excess moisture and odors.