(1) Retirement services are available to a person who is age 62 or older, or who is limited due to health and safety issues. Retirement services are structured services consisting of day activities and residential support. Retirement services are furnished in a way which fosters the independence of each person. Retirement services are person-centered and person-directed to the maximum extent possible.
(2) Retirement services may be provided as a continuous or intermittent service.
(3) Retirement services must be provided in a residential or community day activity setting.
(4) The expected outcome of retirement services is to:
(a) maintain skills and abilities to the maximum extent possible;
(b) keep the person engaged in their environment and community; and
(c) provide supervision, safety, and security.
(5) In a provider-operated residence, only shared living spaces such as the living room, kitchen, bathroom, and recreational areas may be utilized to provide retirement services.