(1) Animals at risk for plague must be held in quarantine for at least 14 days.
(2) Cages in quarantine facilities must be suspended by wires or chains at least one meter off the ground and separated from adjacent cages by a minimum of 60 centimeters.
(3) Animals placed in quarantine cages must remain in the same cages for the duration of the quarantine. Animals that are not part of the original group under quarantine must not be placed in cages within the quarantined group or in adjacent cages.
(4) Prairie dogs that die during the 14-day quarantine period must be necropsied and tested for plague.
(5) If plague is discovered within the group under quarantine, the group of animals must be kept in quarantine for an additional 14 days.