(1) To ensure ongoing compliance with the board's statutes and rules, those approved programs not accredited by a national nursing accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must be surveyed onsite and reevaluated for continued approval at least every five years. Each time a program survey is performed, the entire program is evaluated for all components under board jurisdiction.
(2) Before an onsite survey, a school must submit a self-study report to the board providing evidence of compliance with the appropriate nursing education rules 45 days before the scheduled onsite survey.
(3) The onsite survey is performed by the board's executive director or education consultant and a qualified site visitor on dates mutually agreeable to the board and the program. The site visitor must have expertise in relation to the type of program being reviewed.
(a) The surveyors' report should be made available to the program within 20 days of the onsite survey.
(b) The program may submit a written response to the survey report within 14 days.
(4) The board shall review the final survey report and any program response and make a finding regarding the program's compliance with the rules.
(5) Following the board's review and decision, the program director and the leadership of the parent institution will be notified of the finding, and the program status will be placed on the board web site.
(6) The board may site visit a program at any time, as deemed necessary by the board or at the request of the school.