(1) A portion of a logo sign panel may be used to display a supplemental message horizontally along the bottom of the logo sign panel, providing that the message displays essential motorist information, in conformance with all supplemental message standards contained in the MUTCD.
(2) All supplemental messages shall be displayed within the logo sign panel and conform to all MUTCD standards. A logo sign panel shall not display more than one supplemental message.
(3) Supplemental messages may include, but are not limited to, messages such as "diesel," "24 hours," "closed" and the day of the week when the facility is closed, "alternative fuels," and "RV access" after meeting any additional requirements of this rule for the appropriate type of supplemental message.
(4) An "auto repair" supplemental message may be displayed if qualified personnel are available to perform minor auto repair and tire repair at least eight hours per day, five days per week.
(5) A "24 hour" supplemental message may be displayed if the fuel pumps are operable with major credit cards or personnel 24 hours each day, seven days per week.
(6) An "alternative fuel" supplemental message, including "diesel," "propane," "LP-Gas," or a MUTCD standard symbol for these messages may be displayed when those services are offered at a business facility.
(7) A "recreational vehicle (RV) access" supplemental message may be displayed horizontally or as a circular symbol, in conformance with all standards in the MUTCD, if the business meets all of the appropriate following requirements for the type of business facility:
(a) all facilities' roadway access and egress must be hard surface, free of potholes, and must be at least 12 feet wide with a minimum swing radius of 50 feet to enter and exit the facility;
(b) all facilities' roadway access, egress and parking facilities must be free of any overhead obstructions (e.g., wires, branches, signs, canopies) up to 14 feet above the surface;
(c) all facilities must post directional signs on the site, as needed, to guide RVs to RV-friendly parking spaces and other on-site RV-friendly services, including additional guidance upon leaving a public highway and entering the facility's property;
(d) a facility requiring short-term parking, such as a restaurant, is required to have two or more spaces that are 12 feet wide and 65 feet long with a swing radius of 50 feet to enter and exit the spaces;
(e) a fueling facility with canopies is required to have a 14 foot clearance and those selling diesel fuel are required to have pumps with noncommercial nozzles;
(f) a fueling facility must allow for pull-through with a swing radius of 50 feet; and
(g) a campground facility must have two or more spaces that are 18 feet wide and 45 feet long.