(1) Track licensees conducting a live race meet may, with prior approval of the board, under 23-4-204 , MCA, utilize a portion of funds generated by 3% of exotic wagering on a simulcast race, as deposited in the state special revenue fund account, in order to pay jockey incentive awards.
(2) The jockey incentive award program will award an amount of money to all remaining eligible jockeys at the end of each live race season, if all other incentive award program requirements in this rule are met. The board will compile the point totals and determine eligibility on a weekly basis. The board is the final authority on point totals, eligible jockeys and amounts to be paid at the end of each live race season.
(3) All jockey incentive award program points are cumulative throughout the live race season. All points expire at the end of the current year's race season. The jockey incentive program shall be calculated as follows:
(a) First place finish five points
(b) Second place finish four points
(c) Third place finish three points
(d) Fourth place finish two points
(e) Fifth through tenth place finish one point
(f) Jockeys named on a horse that is scratched one point
prior to the race
(4) A jockey must be properly licensed by the board, in good standing, and not under suspension or revocation from any racing jurisdiction to participate in the jockey incentive award program. Jockeys whose licenses are suspended or revoked during the current live race meet season shall forfeit their point totals for that race season.
(5) A licensed jockey must ride in at least 20 races in Montana, and must ride at all but one of the licensed tracks in a live race meet season, including riding at least 50% of the race days offered at each meet, in order to be eligible for participation in the jockey incentive award program.
(6) A licensed jockey meeting the 20 race minimum who is injured during the course of the current Montana live race season may keep any current season points earned to the time of the injury. The injury must prohibit the jockey from riding in any racing jurisdiction during the remainder of the current Montana live race season.
(7) In the event at least 50% of the race days are cancelled at any track during the current Montana live race season, a jockey not meeting the requirements of (5) due to the cancellation(s) shall retain the jockey's points earned during the current Montana live race season, providing the jockey had been named on horses for the cancelled day(s).