(1) A licensed parimutuel network shall name a parimutuel network director. It shall be the parimutuel network director's duty to:
(a) solicit facility sites for the network;
(b) provide equipment to connect to the parimutuel hub;
(c) verify all takeout amounts are collected from the facilities and distributed to the board;
(d) advertise, promote, and select individual fantasy sports games in which the network may participate from the official league rules previously approved by the fantasy sports coordinator; and
(e) all other necessary duties.
(2) The network director shall:
(a) act as a liaison among the parimutuel network, parimutuel hub, parimutuel facility licensees, and the board and its representatives;
(b) supervise the management of the statewide wagering pools; and
(c) assure the fantasy sports parimutuel statutes and rules are complied with; and
(d) assure that moneys are correctly deposited and paid.
(3) An application to operate as a fantasy sports parimutuel network director must be filed on a form provided by the board and must include the appropriate application fee. The correct initial license application fee must accompany an application. The fee is nonrefundable.
(4) The board may conduct investigations or inspections or request additional information from the applicant as it deems appropriate in determining whether to approve the license application.
(5) A parimutuel network director license shall be in effect from January 1 to December 31 of each year and shall be renewed annually unless otherwise rescinded by the board.