(1) Any document required or permitted to be filed with the commission may be filed in three ways: hard copy, electronically, or telephonic facsimile (fax). In all instances, a hard copy original must be provided as indicated in (4) and (5).
(2) Electronic filing must take the following form:
(a) The electronic mail address for document filing is email@example.com. Documents to be filed by e-mail must be attached to the e-mail in Portable Document Format (.pdf). Attachments larger than eight megabytes cannot be accepted. Filings may be submitted in multiple attachments if necessary.
(b) Documents may also be filed electronically by storing them on a compact disc and filing that compact disc with the commission, as stated in (5).
(3) For facsimile filing, the number is (406) 443-3234. Documents which are longer than twenty pages, inclusive of attachments and exhibits, may not be filed by fax.
(4) Hard copy filings or filings of compact discs may be mailed to: Human Rights Bureau, Department of Labor and Industry, P.O. Box 1728, Helena, Montana 59624-1728; or delivered by hand to 33 South Last Chance Gulch, Suite 2B, Helena, Montana 59601.
(5) If filing is made by e-mail or fax, a hard copy original of the identical document must be received by the commission not more than five days following the filing. If such original is not received and good cause is not shown, the e-mail or fax filing will be stricken from the record.
(6) A document is filed, no matter how it is transmitted, on the date it is received by the commission, not the date it is mailed. It is the responsibility of the filing party to ensure that documents are timely received by the commission.
(7) Notwithstanding any other rule to the contrary, any party may request to file documents solely in hard copy by filing a motion to that effect with the commission. The commission may grant such request for good cause shown.