(1) To collect annual fees from underground facility owners, the department may, by contract or other agreement, have the call centers perform the annual billing.
(2) Any call center from which an underground facility owner has received locate requests may bill the underground facility owner.
(3) Underground facility owners shall pay the annual fees within 30 days of the date of the bill.
(4) The department may refer fees remaining unpaid for more than 90 days for collection.
(a) The department, in its sole discretion, may allow an underground facility owner billed an annual fee of less than $50 to defer payment of the fee until the following year. During the deferral period, the department will not refer an underground facility owner having a deferred annual fee to collection.
(b) The department will not defer payment of annual fees more than once every two years for an underground facility owner.
(5) The amount of the annual fee to be paid by an underground facility owner is $0.10 per outgoing locate request made by each call center.