Unless the context indicates otherwise, the words and phrases in this subchapter have the definitions set forth in this rule.
(1) "Administered kit" means a sexual assault evidence kit that has been used to collect forensic evidence from an individual.
(2) "Authorized user" is a person who is designated by a healthcare facility, law enforcement agency, or crime laboratory and who has a registered account in the sexual assault kit tracking system.
(3) "Crime laboratory" means a Montana entity that receives, processes, and tests sexual assault kit evidence.
(4) "Department" means the Montana Department of Justice.
(5) "DOJ Victim Services" means the Montana Department of Justice Office of Victim Services Forensic Rape Examination Payment Program.
(6) "Healthcare facility" means a facility or entity that is licensed, certified, or otherwise authorized by law to administer medical treatment in this state.
(7) "Kit" means a sexual assault evidence kit.
(8) "Law enforcement agency" means a Montana law enforcement service provided directly by a local government as defined in 7-32-201, MCA.
(9) "Stakeholder" means a healthcare facility, law enforcement agency, or crime laboratory in the state of Montana that administers, receives, transfers, or stores sexual assault evidence kits.
(10) "Status" means the current location and status of the kit, including: inventory, collected, held, in evidence, processing, processed, archived, and discarded.
(11) "Tracking system" means the Sexual Assault Kit Tracking System defined in 46-15-405, MCA.