(1) A marijuana testing laboratory license allows a marijuana testing laboratory to provide testing of representative samples of marijuana and marijuana products and to provide information about the chemical composition and potency of a sample, as well as the presence of molds, pesticides, or other contaminants.
(2) A current marijuana testing laboratory licensee may continue to operate under its existing license and shall pay the annual license renewal fee provided for in ARM 42.39.104 at its next renewal date.
(3) The department shall begin accepting applications for new marijuana testing laboratories on January 1, 2022.
(4) Applicants for marijuana testing laboratories must receive an endorsement from the Department of Public Health and Human Services' state testing laboratory before applying for licensure with the department. The department will accept the state laboratory's standard form of approval or endorsement for the applicant of a marijuana testing laboratory license to meet this requirement.
(5) Marijuana testing laboratories may transport samples of marijuana and marijuana products for testing in accordance with 16-12-222(4), MCA, and ARM 42.39.413(4) through (15).
(6) A marijuana testing laboratory licensee must provide and maintain, at its own expense, analytical testing laboratory professional liability insurance with an aggregate limit of one million dollars prior to the issuance of a license.
(7) A marijuana testing laboratory licensee must obtain and maintain a $25,000 surety bond which names the department as loss payee in the event the laboratory licensee fails to adhere to the security plan approved by the department, or it otherwise operates the facility in a manner that allows for, or results in theft, loss, or diversion of marijuana items. A copy of the bond must be submitted to the department as a part of the license application process.