(1) "Continuous care" as defined in 37-27-103, MCA, includes at least five prenatal visits spanning two trimesters, the birth, newborn exam, and two postpartum visits.
(2) "Direct supervision" means the physical presence of the licensed supervisor. Direct supervision is required for level I, II and III-A apprentices.
(3) "Grand multiparity" means a woman who is in her sixth or greater full term pregnancy.
(4) "Home birth" means an anticipated or actual birth whereby the woman in labor is advised, attended, and assisted by a licensed direct-entry midwife or a Level III-B apprentice direct-entry midwife.
(5) "Indirect supervision" means the immediate availability of the licensed supervisor by telephone.
(6) "MEAC" means the Midwifery Education Accreditation Council.
(7) "Morbidity" means a pathological condition of the mother and/or baby that presents with symptoms peculiar to what is within normal limits during the prenatal, intrapartum and postpartum periods which requires transfer of care to a physician, transport to a hospital and/or emergency measures. This, or client refusal to refer to transfer care, shall be reported to the board within 72 hours, on a form prescribed by the board.
(8) "NARM" means the North American Registry of Midwives.
(9) "Personal supervision" means either direct or indirect supervision as required for direct-entry midwife apprenticeships.
(10) "Primary birth attendant" means the person responsible for providing primary care to a woman in labor.