Prev Next


(1) Out-of-state applicants for a master or journeyman plumber's license may provide proof of prior licensing in another state by submitting a copy or copies of the license(s) held along with a certified letter of verification from the state or local licensing agency stating date of licensure and requirements for licensure. If the qualifications from the state of original licensure are not equivalent to Montana's, the applicant will receive credit for the years required by the original state, but will need to provide the additional year's documentation as required by (2).

(2) Applicants from states with no journeyman or master licensing shall provide a notarized statement or letter from a qualified individual(s) acceptable to the board, with direct knowledge of the applicant's qualitative and quantitative plumbing experience equivalent to five years for the journeyman license and nine years for the master license.


History: 37-69-202, MCA; IMP, 37-1-304, MCA; NEW, 1995 MAR p. 466, Eff. 3/31/95; AMD, 1996 MAR p. 2426, Eff. 9/20/96; AMD, 2000 MAR p. 825, Eff. 3/31/00; TRANS, from Commerce, 2004 MAR p. 1472; AMD, 2007 MAR p. 471, Eff. 4/13/07.

Home  |   Search  |   About Us  |   Contact Us  |   Help  |   Disclaimer  |   Privacy & Security