(1) Supervisors must provide 80 hours direct supervision (observation) of eligible counselors for the 1000 hours required for certification. It is recommended the supervisor observe the work of eligible counselors in every skill group.
(2) All applicants must furnish the name of the program and counselor responsible for supervision of the work experience at the time of application for certification.
(3) Applicants must submit completed documentation of supervised work experience signed by the individual responsible for the supervision prior to the date the first examination is attempted.
(4) Examinations ordered for individuals will be canceled before the examination date if the required documentation of work experience is not received by the licensed addiction counselors program.
(5) Certified counselors may apply for approval to supervise eligible counselors if the counselor holds a current Montana chemical dependency counselor certificate, and has at least three years chemical dependency counseling experience post certification in an approved chemical dependency treatment setting.