For the purpose of this subchapter, the following definitions apply, unless the context of the rule clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) "Administration fund assessment" means the workers' compensation administration fund assessment provided for by 39-71-201 , MCA.
(2) "Advisory organization" means the workers' compensation advisory organization designated by the insurance commissioner as defined by 33-16-1023 , MCA. The current advisory organization is the national council on compensation insurance.
(3) "Industrial accident rehabilitation account" or "IARA" has the same meaning as provided by 39-71-1004 , MCA.
(4) "Insurer" has the same meaning as provided by 39-71-116 , MCA. The term does not include the uninsured employers' fund as provided for by 39-71-503 , MCA, or the subsequent injury fund as provided for by 39-71-901 , MCA.
(5) "New fund claims" means claims administered by the plan No. 3 insurer, where the claims arise from an injury or occupational disease that occurred on or after July 1, 1990.
(6) "Old fund claims" means claims administered by the plan No. 3 insurer, where the claims arose from an injury or occupational disease that occurred before July 1, 1990.
(7) "Other income" means any revenue account that has an offsetting cash deposit or withdrawal which includes, but is not limited to, revenue accounts such as long term bond income, short term investment pool (STIP) participant earnings, or STIP security lending items, but expressly does not include any surcharge or assessment amounts.
(8) "Paid losses" are as defined in 39-71-915 , MCA.
(9) "Payment" means the tender of funds to the department for a monetary obligation due directly from an insurer. In the context of this subchapter, the term is used when an insurer is directly liable for the underlying obligation.
(10) "Remittance" means the tender of funds to the department, where the funds are collected by an insurer from a policyholder. In the context of this subchapter, the term is used to refer to an insurer's tender to the department of surcharges collected by an insurer from its policyholders, where the underlying obligation rests on a policyholder, not the insurer.
(11) "SIF" means the subsequent injury fund as defined by 39-71-901 , MCA.