(1) Contractors providing community home, supported living or work or day services must comply with the staff competencies requirements of this rule.
(2) Each staff person must demonstrate the competencies necessary to meet the needs of the persons receiving services from the staff person.
(3) The rules, policies and procedures that staff must demonstrate competency in include, but are not limited to, the following:
(a) health and safety;
(b) individual rights;
(c) systems reporting procedures;
(d) abuse, neglect and exploitation;
(e) application of treatment and training techniques; and
(f) behavior management techniques.
(4) For intensive community home and intensive work or day services, each staff person must be enrolled in the developmental disabilities client programming technician (DDCPT) curriculum or its equivalent within 45 working days of employment if competency within the areas covered by such curriculum, has not previously been demonstrated.
(5) For supported living services, each supported living coordinator must demonstrate the competencies specified in ARM 37.34.986 within the first 6 months of employment.