(1) For the purposes of this rule, "cost of the sports tabs" means an amount that is equal to the amount paid by a participant for a single sports tab multiplied by 100.
(2) If a prize is awarded for scores attained at a predetermined interval during a sports event, the value of the prize awarded at the interval may not exceed the value of the prize awarded for the score at the end of the event.
(3) Except as provided in (6) , a sponsor shall pay to the winners of a sports tab game at least 90% of the cost of the sports tabs. The sponsor may retain up to 10% of the cost of the sports tabs.
(4) The total value of all prizes awarded in a sports tab game may not exceed $500. Prizes must be in cash or merchandise.
(5) If merchandise is awarded, the purchase price paid for the merchandise is considered to be the value of the prize. Except as provided in (6) , if the value of the merchandise is less than 90% of the cost of the sports tabs the difference must be awarded to the winners in cash.
(6) A sponsor who is a nonprofit organization may retain up to 50% of the cost of the sports tabs if the organization meets the requirements of 23-5-503 , MCA.
(7) All prizes must be available for distribution to winners immediately at the end of the sports event.