(1) Upon payment of the proper license fee, the board may issue a license to a person who, at the time of application, holds a current, active license in good standing, as a funeral director, mortician or crematory operator, issued by the proper authority of any state. When a person applies for licensure under this provision, the applicant shall provide information from the other state(s) , and the board shall determine whether the requirements for obtaining such other license(s) are substantially equivalent to or stricter than the requirements of Montana law, as listed in ARM 24.147.402 and 24.147.1114 and 37-19-302 and 37-19-703 , MCA.
(2) Verification of applicant's current license in good standing shall be requested by the applicant to be sent directly from the other state.
(3) "License" shall mean only those granted by other states under statutory provisions.
(4) A completed application form shall be required from the applicant to initiate consideration for licensing.
(5) All applicants for licensure under this rule shall be required to pass a jurisprudence examination, on Montana laws and rules, administered by the board.