For the purposes of this sub-chapter the following definitions apply:
(1) "Department" means the department of corrections.
(2) "Discharge" means formal action taken by the department to relieve the state of jurisdiction over a youthful offender who has been committed to department custody.
(3) "Facility" means a state youth correctional facility as defined in 41-5-103, MCA.
(4) "Length of stay" means the time between admission to the facility and the tentative parole date established for a youthful offender by the length of stay committee based on the length of stay guidelines.
(5) "Length of stay committee" means the youth correctional facility committee appointed by the facility superintendent that establishes a length of stay and determines a tentative parole date for each youthful offender upon the offender's admission into the facility.
(6) "Length of stay guidelines" means the factors established by department/facility policy and approved by the department director by which a youth's length of stay is determined.
(7) "Parole" means release of a youthful offender from a state youth correctional facility to a department program.
(8) "Parole date" means the date that a youthful offender may be paroled from a facility as determined by the length of stay committee.
(9) "Secure facility emergency release" is a release granted by the superintendent of a secure facility as a result of the population exceeding the rated capacity of the facility.
(10) "Youth parole agreement" means a document containing the terms and conditions of the youthful offender's release.
(11) "Youthful offender" means a person under the age of 18 who has been adjudicated in a Montana youth court.