For purposes of this subchapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Adult foster family care home" means a private home operated by one or more persons 18 years of age or older which offers light personal care, custodial care and supervision to disabled adults who are not related to the operator by blood or marriage or which offers light personal care or custodial care to aged persons. (An adult foster family care home shall hereafter be referred to as an adult foster home.)
(2) "Aged person" means a person who is at least 60 years old.
(3) "Disabled adult" means a person 18 years of age or older who has been determined to be disabled by the social security administration, the veteran's administration (full disability) , the department of public health and human services for the purposes of medicaid eligibility or a court of competent jurisdiction.
(4) "Department" means the department of public health and human services.
(5) "Custodial care" means providing a sheltered, family-type setting for an aged person or disabled adult to provide for the basic needs of food and shelter and having a specific person available to help the adult meet these basic needs.
(6) "Light personal care" means assisting the aged person or disabled adult in accomplishing such personal hygiene tasks as bathing, dressing, hair grooming, and supervision of self-medication.
(i) "Assisting" means supervision of the resident in personal hygiene tasks with only occasional "hands on" assistance.
(ii) "Supervision" means guidance of a person as he carries out activities of daily living, including reminding a resident to maintain his medication schedule as directed by his physician, reminding him of important activities to be carried out, assisting him in keeping appointments and being aware of his general whereabouts even though he may travel independently about the community.
(7) "Responsible person" means a relative or friend of the resident or an advocate identified by the department or the placing agency in the placement agreement.
(8) "Mutual or shared living" means that each party shares in the monetary and household responsibilities.
(9) "Skilled nursing care" means 24-hour care supervised by a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse under orders of an attending physician.