BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the repeal of ARM 42.39.307 pertaining to former DPHHS regulations for failed laboratory test samples
NOTICE OF PROPOSED REPEAL
NO PUBLIC HEARING CONTEMPLATED
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. The Department of Revenue (department) proposes to repeal the above-stated rule.
2. The department will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, please advise the department of the nature of the accommodation needed, no later than 5 p.m. on February 18, 2022. Please contact Todd Olson, Department of Revenue, Director's Office, P.O. Box 7701, Helena, Montana 59604-7701; telephone (406) 444-7905; fax (406) 444-3696; or email@example.com.
3. The department proposes to repeal the following rule:
42.39.307 FAILED TEST SAMPLES
AUTH: 50-46-344, MCA
IMP: 50-46-303, 50-46-308, 50-46-311, 50-46-326, MCA;
REASONABLE NECESSITY. ARM 39.107.410 was transferred to the department from the Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS) and renumbered as ARM 42.39.307, effective July 2, 2021. The rule transfer was made in connection with the department's implementation of House Bill 701 (2021). The department proposes to repeal the above-stated rule because it is no longer necessary since DPHHS has statutory authority of the subject matter and it adopted or amended replacement rules under MAR Notice No. 37-967, generally effective January 14, 2022.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments concerning the proposed action, in writing, to Todd Olson, Department of Revenue, Director's Office, P.O. Box 7701, Helena, Montana 59604-7701; telephone (406) 444-7905; fax (406) 444-3696; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received no later than March 11, 2022.
5. If persons who are directly affected by the proposed action wish to express their data, views, or arguments orally or in writing at a public hearing, they must make written request for a hearing and submit this request along with any written comments to the person named in #4 no later than 5:00 p.m., March 11, 2022.
6. If the agency receives requests for a public hearing on the proposed action from either 10 percent or 25, whichever is less, of the persons directly affected by the proposed action; from the appropriate administrative rule review committee of the Legislature; from a governmental subdivision or agency; or from an association having not less than 25 members who will be directly affected, a hearing will be held at a later date. Notice of the hearing will be published in the Montana Administrative Register. The number of hearing requests necessary for the department to conduct a public hearing is one, because the number of testing laboratory licensees that this repeal affects is four.
7. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a different mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or emailed to the contact person in #4.
8. An electronic copy of this notice is available through the Secretary of State's web site at sosmt.gov/arm/register.
9. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
10. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the department has determined that the repeal of the above-referenced rule will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ Todd Olson /s/ Brendan Beatty
Todd Olson Brendan Beatty
Rule Reviewer Director of Revenue
Certified to the Secretary of State February 1, 2022.