BEFORE THE BOARD OF REAL ESTATE APPRAISERS
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 24.207.401 fees and 24.207.402 USPAP
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On August 20, 2009, at 9:00 a.m., a public hearing will be held in room 439, 301 South Park Avenue, Helena, Montana to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rules.
2. The Department of Labor and Industry (department) will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this public hearing or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Board of Real Estate Appraisers (board) no later than 5:00 p.m., on August 14, 2009, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Barb McAlmond, Board of Real Estate Appraisers, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, Montana 59620-0513; telephone (406) 841-2325; Montana Relay 1 (800) 253-4091; TDD (406) 444-2978; facsimile (406) 841-2323; e-mail email@example.com.
3. The rules proposed to be amended provide as follows, stricken matter interlined, new matter underlined:
24.207.401 FEES (1) remains the same.
(a) original license application
(b) address change or change of business
(c) remains the same.
(d) course approval per course payable by course provider
(e) course renewal approval per course
(f) upgrade or downgrade fee
(g) remains the same.
(h) inactive license fee
(i) remains the same.
(j) license or certification renewal fee
(k) original trainee license
(l) trainee renewal fee
(m) remains the same.
AUTH: 37-1-131, 37-1-134, 37-54-105, MCA
IMP: 37-1-131, 37-1-134, 37-1-141, 37-54-105, 37-54-112,
37-54-202, 37-54-212, 37-54-302, 37-54-310, MCA
REASON: The board determined it is reasonably necessary to amend the fees as proposed to comply with the provisions of 37-1-134, MCA, and to keep the board's fees commensurate with program costs. The department, in providing administrative services to the board, has determined that the fees must be increased as proposed to cover appropriated expenditures. The board estimates that approximately 593 persons will be affected by the proposed fee changes and will result in additional annual revenue of $60,625. The board is amending the implementation cites to accurately reflect all statutes implemented through this rule.
(3) remains the same.
AUTH: 37-54-105, MCA
IMP: 37-54-105, 37-54-403, MCA
REASON: The board is amending this rule to update references to the most current versions of the professional standards and the frequently asked questions publication of the Appraisal Standards Board of The Appraisal Foundation, as required by 37-54-403, MCA.
4. Concerned persons may present their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to the Board of Real Estate Appraisers, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, Montana 59620-0513, by facsimile to (406) 841-2323, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., August 28, 2009.
5. An electronic copy of this Notice of Public Hearing is available through the department and board's site on the World Wide Web at www.realestateappraiser.mt.gov. The department strives to make the electronic copy of this Notice conform to the official version of the Notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the Notice and the electronic version of the Notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the department strives to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems, and that technical difficulties in accessing or posting to the e-mail address do not excuse late submission of comments.
6. The board maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this board. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies the person wishes to receive notices regarding all board administrative rulemaking proceedings or other administrative proceedings. The request must indicate whether e-mail or standard mail is preferred. Such written request may be sent or delivered to the Board of Real Estate Appraisers, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, Montana 59620-0513, faxed to the office at (406) 841-2323, e-mailed to email@example.com, or made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the agency.
7. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
8. Barb McAlmond, program manager, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
BOARD OF REAL ESTATE APPRAISERS
KRAIG KOSENA, CHAIRPERSON
/s/ DARCEE L. MOE /s/ KEITH KELLY
Darcee L. Moe Keith Kelly, Commissioner
Alternate Rule Reviewer DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Certified to the Secretary of State July 20, 2009