BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF LIVESTOCK
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 32.3.502 pertaining to official trichomoniasis testing and certification requirements
NOTICE OF PROPOSED AMENDMENT
NO PUBLIC HEARING CONTEMPLATED
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On January 12, 2015, the Department of Livestock proposes to amend the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Livestock will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in the rulemaking process and need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Department of Livestock no later than 5:00 p.m. January 5, 2015, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Christian Mackay, 301 N. Roberts St., Room 308, P.O. Box 202001, Helena, MT 59620-2001; telephone: (406) 444-9321; TTD number: 1 (800) 253-4091; fax: (406) 444-4316; e-mail: email@example.com.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
32.3.502 OFFICIAL TRICHOMONIASIS TESTING AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS (1) Except as provided in
ARM 32.2.212, ARM 32.3.212, the following test-eligible bovines must be negative T. foetus bulls:
(a) through (2) remain the same.
AUTH: 81-2-102, 81-2-103, 81-2-707, MCA
IMP: 81-2-102, 81-2-703, MCA
REASON: The reference in (1) of this rule to ARM 32.2.212 should be to ARM 32.3.212. We are proposing to correct this error.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments concerning the proposed action in writing to Christian Mackay, 301 N. Roberts St., Room 308, P.O. Box 202001, Helena, MT 59620-2001, by faxing to (406) 444-1929, or by e-mailing to MDOLcomments@mt.gov and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. January 8, 2015.
5. If persons who are directly affected by the proposed action wish to express their data, views, or arguments orally or in writing at a public hearing, they must make a written request for a hearing and submit this request along with any written comments they have to the same address as above. The written request for hearing must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. January 8, 2015.
6. If the department receives requests for a public hearing on the proposed action from either 10 percent or 25, whichever is less, of the persons directly affected by the proposed action; from the appropriate administrative rule review committee of the Legislature; from a governmental subdivision or agency; or from an association having not less than 25 members who will be directly affected, a hearing will be held at a later date. Notice of the hearing will be published in the Montana Administrative Register. Ten percent of those directly affected has been determined to be approximately 8 persons based on a total of 76 veterinarians.
7. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this department. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the contact person in 4 above or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
8. An electronic copy of this proposal notice is available through the Secretary of State's web site at http://sos.mt.gov/ARM/Register. The Secretary of State strives to make the electronic copy of this notice conform to the official version of the notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the notice and the electronic version of the notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the Secretary of State works to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
9. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
10. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the department has determined that the amendment of the above-referenced rule will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ Christian Mackay BY: /s/ Cinda Young-Eichenfels
Christian Mackay Cinda Young-Eichenfels
Executive Officer Rule Reviewer
Board of Livestock
Department of Livestock
Certified to the Secretary of State December 1, 2014.