BEFORE THE MONTANA STATE LIBRARY
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the proposed repeal ) NOTICE OF EXTENSION OF
of 10.102.8101 and 10.102.8102 ) COMMENT PERIOD ON
pertaining to depository procedures ) PROPOSED REPEAL
for state documents )
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On August 9, 2007, the Montana State Library (department) published MAR Notice No. 10-100-11 regarding the proposed repeal of the above-stated rules, at page 1065 of the 2007 Montana Administrative Register, issue no. 15.
2. The department will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the department no later than 5:00 p.m., on September 27, 2007 to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Julie Stewart, Montana State Library, 1515 E. Sixth Avenue, Helena, Montana 59620; telephone (406) 444-3384; fax (406) 444-0266; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The department hereby extends the comment period to October 1, 2007.
Due to an administrative oversight, the interested persons list was not notified within three days of publication of the Notice of Proposed Repeal.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments to: Julie Stewart, Montana State Library, 1515 E. Sixth Avenue, Helena, Montana 59620; telephone (406) 444-3384; fax (406) 444-0266; or e-mail email@example.com, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., October 1, 2007.
5. If persons who are directly affected by the proposed wish to express their data, views, or arguments orally or in writing at a public hearing, they must make written request for a hearing and submit this request along with any written comments to Julie Stewart at the above address no later than 5:00 p.m., October 1, 2007.
6. If the agency receives requests for a public hearing on the proposed from either 10% or 25, whichever is less, of the persons directly affected by the proposed ; from the appropriate administrative rule review committee of the legislature; from a governmental subdivision or agency; or from an association having not less than 25 members who will be directly affected, a hearing will be held at a later date. Notice of the hearing will be published in the Montana Administrative Register. Ten percent of those directly affected has been determined to be 18 based on approximately 150 state agency staff responsible for depositing state publications, six Montana State Library staff responsible for distribution of state publications, and 20 staff of depository libraries responsible for receiving and processing state publications, for a total of approximately 176 directly affected.
7. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request, which includes the name and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies that the person wishes to receive notices regarding all Montana State Library administrative rulemaking proceedings or other administrative proceedings. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to Julie Stewart, Montana State Library, 1515 E. Sixth Avenue, Helena, Montana 59620; telephone (406) 444-3384; fax (406) 444-0266; or e-mail jstewart2@mt. gov, or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the agency.
/s/ DARLENE STAFFELDT /s/ DARLENE STAFFELDT
Darlene Staffeldt Darlene Staffeldt
Alternate Rule Reviewer MONTANA STATE LIBRARY
Certified to the Secretary of State September 10, 2007.